Archive for March 17, 2008
Let’s see if I can remember what I put into this minestrone soup!
- 1 can diced potatoes
- 1 can organic whole kidney beans
- 1 cup (dry) elbow macaroni
- 1 tomato peeled & diced
- 1 veggie bouillon cube, ~4 c water
- ~1/2 cup crushed tomato
- ~1/2 lg onion, diced
- ~4 cloves of garlic
- ~broccoli, cauliflower (whatever you have in your fridge)
- ~soy sauce, chili powder, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, garlic powder, stoneground mustard, (2) bay leaf
First, I sauteed onion in the pot pre-heated with olive oil, then add the chopped fresh broccoli & cauliflower (I had some in the fridge and wanted to use it up, it worked great in this soup). Next, I added the tomato and minced garlic. I boiled the macaroni in another pot until al dente.
To the soup, I added the kidney beans and diced potatoes. Add the veggie bouillon cube and about 4-5 c of water, more if needed. Next I add the seasonings. I let the soup simmer for a while and stir in the macaroni. Simmer more and serve!